Group size: 1 to 10.
Trekking area: Annapurna.
Trip Mode: Tea-House / Lodge or Camping.
Trip Grade: Moderate & Adventurous.
Trek duration: 06 nights and 07 days (Pokhara to Pokhara).
Highest point: 4, 100 meters at Mardi Himal base.
Total Trip: 11 Nights & 12 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu).
Best Season: All season except July & August the wet months.
- Trekking trail to Mardi Himal with marvelous views of mountains.
- Stunning Mardi Himal shadowed by majestic Machhapuchare Himal,
super panorama of world’s highest Annapurna-Dhaulagiri to Manaslu mountains.
- Lovely rhododendron, birch and pine tree forest in perfect tranquility of nature.
- visiting traditional Gurung farm villages with interesting culture.
- Sub-tropic temperature to alpine and arctic climatic zone.
- Local foods with tea house.
A special and fascinating Mardi Himal trek which leads you to complete wilderness away from main trekking trail for few days and then joining back on major trekking route after tranquil moment around Mardi Himal trek.
White Hill Adventure Treks & Expedition offers this wonderful Mardi Himal around serene and scenic natural environment a moderate to adventurous trekking of week duration.
Starting this fabulous adventure Mardi Himal trek from scenic and touristic Pokhara located on the laps of Annapurna Himalaya which reflects on its pristine Phewa Lake.
After a short drive to begin this journey and then walking uphill into lovely forest of rhododendron and pine trees with stunning views of Annapurna range of mountains with Manaslu and magnificent Machhapuchare Himal “Fish Tail” that dominates throughout this wonderful trek.
Walk leads away from main trekking trail after Potana and Deurali towards complete wilderness into dense alpine forest with constant views of mountains.
Finally reaching our destination at base camp beneath striking Mardi Himal towered by peak Machhapuchare Himal (Fish Tail), here with time to marvel the glorious panorama views of mountains and then ending this awesome adventure back to Pokhara after walking though interesting villages of Tolka and Landruk.
This wonderful Mardi Himal trek finally concludes after a drive back to Kathmandu with great services of White Hill Adventure Treks & Expedition and its friendly guide.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara 860m (220 k.m) -06 hrs.
Day 04: Drive to Kande and trek to Deurali 2,100m via Australian Camp / Thulo-Kharka 2,050 m – 04 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Jungle Camp 2,400m from Deurali – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek on route Mardi South West base camp at 3,300 – 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Mardi Base Camp 4,100m – 04 hrs.
Day 08: Trek back to Jungle Camp – 06 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Landruk 1,430 m – 05 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Nayapul 1,000 m -5 hrs and drive to Pokhara -02 hrs.
Day 11: Drive back to Kathmandu – 06 hrs.
Day 12: Depart Kathmandu for international departure.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On reaching at Kathmandu international airport where White Hill Adventure Treks & Expedition staff will receive and then transfer you to respective hotels around Kathmandu city. After getting refreshed from the flight our guide briefs you with information of hotel, Kathmandu and Mardi Himal trekking.
Day 02: Sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Morning our city guide will take you for sightseeing tour at places of interest as Kathmandu valley full of world heritage sites, temples, monasteries, old king’s palaces after an interesting tour back to hotel, preparation for Mardi Himal trekking.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara 860m (220 k.m) -06 hrs.
Starting our wonderful journey to Mardi Himal trekking with a drive on Nepal’s main and interesting highway to reach at Pokhara, drive leads through many farm villages and towns with views of snowcapped peaks. Finally drive ends at Pokhara near beautiful Phewa Lake where most of the nice hotels are located.
Day 04: Drive to Kande and trek to Deurali 2,100 m via Australian Camp or Thulo-Kharka 2,050 m – 04 hrs.
Morning a short drive leads away from Pokhara with fabulous views of Annapurna and Mt. Machhapuchare on Pokhara-Baglung highway to reach Kande, our starting point of the trek to Mardi Himal base camp. From here walk leads to a climb towards Thulo-Kharka also called Australian Camp, a large filed with views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Manaslu Himalaya with Lamjung Himal including towering Machhapuchare “Fish Tail” Peak. From here walk leads through cool forest past Potana to reach overnight stop at Deurali a nice spot, located on a high ridge with awesome views of landscapes and mountains.
Day 05: Trek to Jungle Camp 2,400m via Deurali – 06 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight in Deurali, leaving the main trekking trail heading north along the ridgeline into serene forested area with cool temperature with panorama of Annapurna I and South with Huinchuli to the east Annapurna IV -II and Lamjung Himal and then reaching our overnight stop in the middle of forest where few lodges are located for trekkers.
Day 06: Trek on route Mardi South West base camp- 05 hrs.
From this forested area, walk leads higher on uphill path with steep climb to reach a pasture land for overnight stop on route Mardi base camp with fantastic views of surrounding landscapes and mountains at close range.
Day 07: Trek to Mardi Base Camp 4,100m.
Stopping at the same spot for two nights with day hike to Mardi Himal base camp and reaching the highest point of this trek at 4,100 meters.
Walk leads to a steep climb along a ridgeline to reach a hidden plateau at the base of Mardi Himal South Face with towering Mt. Machhapuchare; this area known as ‘Other Sanctuary’ named by early pioneer Jimmy Roberts, when he first explored this area in early 1970’s. After enjoying the views of super mountain panorama return back on same route to our overnight.
Day 08: Trek all the way to Jungle Camp – 06 hrs.
After a fabulous time on the high ridges of Mardi Himal with beautiful views and back into forest of rhododendron and pines trees, retracing the journey back on same trail at Jungle Camp for overnight.
Day 09: Trek to Landruk 1,430 m -05 hrs.
Morning walk near Deurali and then downhill to reach main trekking trail, and then walk on winding trail with few ups and down to Landruk passing villages of Bichchok-Tolka to reach Landruk, a moderate size Gurung village with many nice lodges for overnight stops with views of Annapurna South and Huinchuli.
Day 10: Trek to Nayapul and Bhirethati and drive to Pokhara.
A short downhill walk of 45 minutes to Modi River from here following the river downstream to Syali-Bhatti and to a nice village of Bhirethati to reach Naya pul for the drive back to Pokhara.
Day 11: Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu.
After a marvelous time on high mountains and hills of Annapurna and Mardi Himal, morning depart Pokhara after breakfast with overland drive back to Kathmandu.
(Flying options 30 mins by air to Kathmandu)
Day 12: International departure for home ward bound.
After a memorable time and wonderful time around Mardi Himal trekking with great services of White Hills Hill Adventure Treks & Expedition guides, as per the flight time our staff transfers you for the final departure homeward bound.
Included in Package:
- Airport pickups and drops in private vehicle.
- Dormitory rooms, Guest houses and 1-5 star hotels in Kathmandu. As your choice. Normally without bargaining we will give you 2/3 star hotels.
- Wel come dinner and farewell dinner.
- Special permit cards (documents for your T-sum valley trek).
- Transportations by Local bus + Taxi.
- Normal teahouse/ accommodation (tent for camping places) during the trek.
- Three times meals (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) a day during the trek.
- Government licensed holder guide who can speak extra languages (like Chinese, Japanese , French, Korean, Malaysian, Dutch, Italy, Spanish and Hindi) as yours needed and assistance guide(7 trekkers:1 assistance guide)
- 1 strong and friendly potter for 2 trekkers( A POTTER can carry maximum 25kg).
- Guides and potters cost including them Salary, insurance, equipment, food, local transportation, and accommodation.
- First aid fox/ medical fox.
- 13% government tax and 10% service charge.
Excluded in Package:
- Nepalese Visa fee.
- International air ticket.
- Travel insurance.
- Domestic airport pickups and drop.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Trekking equipments.
- Meals in City (not in mountain trek).
- Medical fee and rescue service.
- Teas, coffee, beers, cola, chocolate,
- Personal expense like bar bills, laundry service, phone call, internet/cyber café, battery charges, hot shower, hot/boiled water, extra blanket, toilet paper/nappies paper, heater etc.
- Tips for guide(s),potter(s),driver(s) any staff(s).
- Donation for School (s), road(s), orphanage(s).
- Valid passport.
- 2 passport side pictures.
- Separate photocopies of your passport with valid Nepali visa.
- Proof of insurance dollars, pound, and euro currency in cash for purchasing. Nepali visa at Kathmandu airport.
– Down jackets and sleeping bags(-10 to -15 degrees f.), Trekking boots or sports shoes, one pair of trekking pools, camera, water bottle, warm hates that covers yours ears, cap, sun glass, sun cream, half sleeve t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt, thermal tops, water proof jacket/pullovep, gore-tex jacket with wool, one pair of lightweight wool gloves, one pair of trousers, one pair of fleece or woolen tousers, one pair of waterproof shell paints, two/three pairs of thin, light, inner shocks, two pairs of heavy poly socks, wto pairs of under wears etc… and more for girls(bra, scarf, pashmina shawl, Nek up thing etc. )
(Note: you can hire down jacket, trekking boots and sleeping bag with white Hill Adventure. The coast will be per day $1+$1+$1 usd.)
Important suggested Tools:
- Tooth brush & paste.
- Nail clippers.
- Pen & Copy.
- Note book.
- Mobile phone and SIM cards.
- GPS Compass.
- Alarm watch.
- Matches or lighter.
- Repair tape with sewing repair kit.
Dry Foods & Chocolate: You have to buy some energetic foods (like chocolate, snacks, pine nut, coconut, etc.) to help yourself walking better.